1. A five-minute drive still means leaving the house an hour early because that’s how long it will take your car to start. Add on an additional two hours during the winter…unless your horrible sound system can thaw out your car.
2. Panhandlers at traffic lights give you a sympathetic nod and move on to the next car.
3. Your sick/vacation days have actually become “car won’t start” days and you’ve already used them all up. In one month.
4. You’ve even gotten fired from multiple jobs as a result of your unreliable car.
5. You now only apply for jobs that are within walking or bicycling distance.
6. Your cassette tape player no longer works. But let’s go back to the fact that your car even has a cassette tape player to begin with.
7. You have so many service lights illuminated on your dashboard, it’s actually easier to tell the mechanic which ones haven’t went on.
8. You genuinely fear for the safety of others on the road when you’re driving your car.
9. A lot of the basic essentials are no longer in working order.
10. And you’ve learned to be creative….
11. But it’s not exactly convenient.
12. Whenever you’re able to convince someone to ride with you, they prepare adequately.
13. You’ve broken down just one too many times. And the fact that it always seems to be dark, in a creepy area, and when your cell phone is about to die is just an added bonus.
14. You’ve told your boss to just forward your paychecks directly to your mechanic.
15. Seriously though, there’s just no end in sight when it comes to the costly car repairs.
16. Your mechanic doesn’t even understand why you bother paying to get things fixed. At this point, the cost to fix it surpasses its value.
17. You burst into tears pretty much every time you have to drive somewhere.
J.G. Wentworth claims no credit for any images posted on this site unless otherwise noted. Images on this blog are copyright to its respective owners. If there is an image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and do not wish for it appear on this site, please e-mail email@example.com with a link to said image and it will be promptly removed.